Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I Admit Defeat

As much as I hate to admit it.....I've officially started on blood pressure medication. I feel like a failure. Today's blog isn't so much about Matthew as it is about ME ;-) Yesterday I went to my primary care MD to discuss my recent rash of migraine headaches, my rising blood pressure, stress and floaters in my vision. I started on Inderal LA 60mg/day. I've only had two doses and ended up with a migraine today. I also had a CT scan of my head this morning too. Long story short....I'm not sure why my blood pressure is up......unless it is STRESS (duh) or just plain heredity. The highlight of the day was meeting a college sorority sister, Jennifer for lunch at Applebees. I am really hooked on their $1 brownie ice cream dessert. Oh it is GOOD! It's been what seems like a mega long day...on a good note my labs from yesterday all came back normal and I should hopefully know about the CT tomorrow. I had the CT at Baptist where I used to work. The hospital itself is closed but the outpatient services are still open. It was VERY weird to be back there and see a very empty employee parking lot. It remains super hot here in the Midwest. Yesterday we tied a record at 104 and we are expecting some rain tonight that will hopefully break the current heat wave!!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Don't look at it as defeat- you are in great shape- it must just be heredity or something like that.... Is there anything else you can do to decrease it? I'm glad you got the CT scan done- let us know how that comes out (other than that you have a mega big brain with tons of brain cells!!!!) :-)
Thinking of you
Renee

Amanda said...

Take care - you know that the man upstairs doesn't give you more than you can handle. You're doing what you need to do to take care of your health and be around for Matthew. :) Take care!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and for GREAT results of the scan.