Thursday, August 31, 2006

Good Advice

So, since Matthew has gone to school, the blog has turned into my journal on a lot of entries. Today I got my hair cut and met Joe for lunch. We went to one of my favorite places called First Watch. They have the best breakfast foods. I almost always get some kind of skillet and today was no exception. Very good! I also fixed my coffee smell problem I mentioned in another blog. I had originally bought a Hazelnet bean and mentioned it to my neighbor Linda. She gave me just some plain coffee beans to try. Oh it has totally fixed the problem. It is a subtle coffee smell after a few hours in the vases. Yeah! Thank you Linda for all of your decorating tips and help. Speaking of neighbors........someone FINALLY mowed her weeds....I mean lawn. I bet she has figured out there is an ordinence here in this community about weeds....mmmmm, wonder how that happened?? :-) My other neighbor is in the process of getting a new roof. She is just about one of the last ones too and it is taking forever. I don't think it is one of the bigger name companies either.....and it taking a seriously long time. We all got roofs in about 2 days max.....tomorrow will be day 3 and wouldn't you have thought she would have picked the same color and style that the rest of us did???? Not looking that way yet. She too finds weeds endearing. Is having a nice manicured lawn a thing of the past? It surely can't be. I find that the neighborhood is changing and not for the better. Maybe it is just that time of year when lawns aren't really at their peak. I know......why do I let this bother me?? It is because I have grown up with my parents taking PRIDE in their lawn...so, just like they did, we use ChemLawn. I went to a party of former co-workers and recieved some excellent advice from my former nurse manager. She said not to let my standards change. I will have to follow that in my professional and my lawn life too!

1 comments:

Renee said...

We too have a next door neighbor who has a lawn filled with leaves. She even has weeds growing through her driveway crack.... UGH. I guess the good thing about a bad neighbor lawn is that our lawn looks even better!! Andy takes a great deal of time and effort with our lawn. Now if I only had the time and energy to do the flowers!!!!!