Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Meet Me in St. Louis...



Matthew and I are officially in St. Louis! The trip out here was very smooth. Unfortunately, my mom was unable to ride along. Her friend she was coming to see and stay with..ended up with strep throat....something we totally didn't want!! So, grandma didn't get to be a passenger afterall. For dinner we met a high school friend Leisel for dinner at The Olive Garden. Oh it was good food but Matthew was restless. It was really nice to see Leisel again, catch up the best we could in a resturant and see her very cool pictures of her recent Alaska trip. After dinner we drove to the house I grew up in. I have only done this one other time and it is still a weird experience. The house itself is still the same but they have changed the landscaping, looks like a tree is gone and the grass had a lot of weeds. Then we came back to the hotel. I was totally shocked he would turn down a trip to the mall!! I finally figured out why Matthew is so totally intrigued with the hotel.....because he is getting to share my laptop!!!! I explained this is a one time thing :-) It is also past his bedtime and he is up because I am. I am starting to think if we ever do this again I will have to get a suite so he can have his own little room!!!!! Just a thought. Tomorrow we are off to spend the day with Renee and the twins.

0 comments: