Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The First Day of School


It's official. Matthew is a first grader. Oh that is just so weird to see in print. Matthew got up at O'Dark Thirty this morning and couldn't be more excited. He told me to hurry and get up because it was a special day. Now, where has he heard that?? I guess he does listen. He wasn't too thrilled about having to "dress up". He didn't wear a suit but a polo style shirt and decent shorts! I told him he had to look nice the whole first week.......and he got to wear his new Nike tennis shoes. I think it is his first pair of name brand shoes....besides the Baby Gap ones he wore as a baby! When he went up to a size one in shoes I just didn't like the choices at Target. Gasp!! We put his lunch in his CARS lunch box and his snack for the afternoon and hopefully he will remember not to eat everything at lunch :-) The bus was even on time too!! I treated myself to a #3 from McDonalds for all of my hard yard work this morning. Now, what do I do with myself for the rest of the day?????????????? I am sure there will be another blog later with how both of our days went!! Later....

2 comments:

Renee said...

Congrats Matthew and Mommy!!! WOW, first grade. Unreal. He looks so handsome. Can't wait to hear about his day!!!!

Renee said...

Ok, I had to check back to see how his day was, and after re-analyzing the picture, I have to express my TOTAL jealousy that you can have a cool-looking plant sitting on your fireplace and no one spontaneously tears it to shreds immediately. Yes, yes, some day, I know.