Friday, December 22, 2006


Yesterday was Matthew's Christmas party at school. It was a party the teachers did for the kids so parents weren't invited. I wasn't too broken hearted as my last party I was involved in was like a 3 ringed circus during the planning stages. Anyway.....I told Matthew he had to look "nice" .....and his reply......"you mean I have to look handsome?" YEP! I have apparently told him at some point that when he's dressed up he looks handsome. Once we got that straightened out, he put on a nice shirt. Unless there is a party or it's picture day, he doesn't like to wear a nice shirt.........which is basically anything with buttons! I won yesterday!

I wrapped several gifts yesterday and they are under the tree. I may have done that too early as Matthew is begging to open just one. However, his sneaky mom didn't wrap any of his gifts yet! He has to wait for Santa to come. I love seeing his excitement this time of year. He made a list for Santa at school and if I don't feel like hitting the mall today.....we will just have to email it to Santa. I have totally proctastinated as usual and still have some last minute things to get. I just can't NOT shop on Christmas Eve in memory of my dad....and since I work, I may not have much to choose from. Doesn't everything close early???? I may have to settle for a hot chocolate at QT :-)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What an adorable little man! He looks so grown up.

Renee said...

Ditto what Amanda said... My mom always said when she's rich, she's going to hit all the department stores Christmas Eve morning and have everything wrapped perfectly.... I'm sure you won't be alone in your shopping, at least early in the day. Saying a special prayer for your dad.... I know how much you miss him....
Hugs to you :-)