Friday, December 01, 2006

SNOW--The Aftermath

Wow! We had at least 10 inches of snow last night. So, day two in a row of no school and a morning filled with trying to find the driveway! I was at a friends house yesterday afternoon and didn't even notice the start of the snow. I guess it had a 2 hour jump on me and by the time I started to leave, it was super slick and yes, I totally chickend out. So, I stayed the night. The slumber party was really fun and I was glad not to be stuck out in the snow. Yes, I have 4 wheel drive but I wasn't interested in giving it a test drive! I think my panic and fear of driving in the snow stems back to about 10 years ago when I was working the 11am to 11pm shift at the hospital. The Chiefs were in some kind of play off game and in my opinion, all of the snow removal crews where out somewhere watching the game and no doing their job. So, me and the purple Honda Civic got stuck on this massive hill heading to the apartment and yep......I got stuck. A few nice men tried to help me up the hill but instead, I rolled backwards, parked the car at a Jewish Synagoge, crashed their New Years Eve party, borrowed someone's phone.......called Joe to meet me half way....and no, he hadn't realized I was an HOUR late. I had a drink and some food and walked home. It was beyond cold, I had my thinnest pair of nursing scrubs and it was a long walk home. All of that apparently traumatized me and now I hate driving in the snow!! How much snow did you get?

0 comments: