Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Retail Therapy


It is always a good day when I get to go shopping. One of my favorite places is the Plaza. There is just something almost magical. There is litterally something for everyone with price ranges from the affordable to the crazy escentric. Did you know there is a panel tv for 20K? But what is a tv like that without the 40K sound system. One of my fantasy wishes for the future is a premium down pillow. Now, remember I said fantasy.......they are at least $200 but will last a lifetime. You can go and have the down replaced for the lifetime you own the pillow. The local show called Kansas City Live did a segment on this store which is how I know so much. The Plaza also has several great places to eat. My favorite is the Cheesecake Factory. We all know what a sweet tooth I have!! Anyway, there is something special about walking around the Plaza. Maybe it's the company or the lights on during the hollidays. It is a special place. I am not sure I would find it enchanting on Thanksgiving night when a TON of people line the Plaza streets to watch them being turned on. But it would be fun to watch it from a hotel room nearby!

Back to shopping.......today I did hit the local mall. I found a pair of jeans that fit......I like the low rise......but not too low, a medium or dark wash and not too long. How hard is that? I compare every pair I try on to my favorite. I found this possible "keeper" at the Buckle. I have to admit I love a store that will help you with the clothes and BRING you more. This poor guy had his hands full with me. I wasn't leaving until I was satisfied. Gosh, perhaps I see why I've been called High Maintence in the past. HMMMMM.....So, the Christmas shopping continues. It was 10% off Tuesday at the Gap too. I found a couple of shirts for Matthew ........smoozed with the store manager and got her to give me a lower price on a shirt. It was supposed to be 2/30 but the selection was low so I got one for 15. Oh, the savvy shopper strikes again.

I will close with the prayer Matthew said tonight at dinner. It went something like this....."Bless God, Jesus and my markers. God is great, God is good......" Yes, he got new markers yesterday and has been so excited. They are 16 small markers in various colors. He has been asking me for them for a couple of weeks and I had to get my prescription last night at Target.......Joe was at the KU basketball game so, we got them and it's been hours of entertainment. He just couldn't wait until Christmas! AND..........we STILL have snow on the ground. It melted some today but there is still 4 inches at least in the front and back yard!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Ok, if I didn't have 2 little ones right now, I would be IN MY CAR driving to that awesome looking place!!! (of course I would swing by and pick you up first!!!). Next year, seriously I'm going to take a "Lisa" weekend all alone, and we are going to shop!!!!! Gonna start playing the lottery so we can buy anything we want!!!! :-) Love Matthews prayer- what a cutie!!!!!

Renee said...

Ok, if I didn't have 2 little ones right now, I would be IN MY CAR driving to that awesome looking place!!! (of course I would swing by and pick you up first!!!). Next year, seriously I'm going to take a "Lisa" weekend all alone, and we are going to shop!!!!! Gonna start playing the lottery so we can buy anything we want!!!! :-) Love Matthews prayer- what a cutie!!!!!

Renee said...

See, I was so excited I posted twice!!!!!