Monday, September 11, 2006

Where Were You?


I have sat down to blog several times today but just didn't know how to start this one. It's the 5 year anniversary of 9/11 and I just don't know where to begin. It was one of those days that everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing. I was at home and don't think I was out of bed yet......until Joe called and told me to turn on the tv. I knew a lot of people died and suffered as they were trapped in the towers but I didn't think about all of the people who died that were on the ground, in the planes, in the pentagon or even people that were window washers........they loved their jobs too. Everyone had families and it was good to see today on the shows how widows were able to move on with their lives. I think we are a nation that used to be united by grief but we are now divided by war. I think we are safer but not nearly safe enough. The terrorist are still out there and full of hate. We need to remain villigent and always watchful. Okay......subject change please!!

Joe took today off to get some R and R after the MS 150 this weekend. We ran some errands......found some good sales on shoes at Kohl's, went out to lunch, hit Lowe's for a rake and the Grass Pad for some grass seed. THEN......we raked the front lawn, got up a TON of thatch and then I mowed the entire lawn. I am beyond exhausted. Matthew had fun riding his bike and playing with the brooms! Tomorrow I will rake in the back yard and seed the front lawn......that is, if I can walk. I am totally sore and exhausted!!

0 comments: