Friday, September 08, 2006

Retail Therapy


It was a fun day of running errands, shopping and eating out. Joe took the day off to prepare for the MS 150 this weekend. So, we went to two bike shops.....yes, I did actually look at them but I'm just not ready to buy one....we hit Gap Kids. Definetly one of my favorite stores. For a while, they didn't have cute boys clothes but they do now! We did go to lunch at the 810 Zone. It is a sports themed bar and grill and they had a really good chicken salad sandwhich and an awesome burger! I usually end up wanting what Joe orders and today was no exception. Back to the topic of the MS 150. Joe is part of Team Applebees. Basically Applebee's pays for their entry fee, they wear a cool jersey with the Applebee's logo and on Saturday night in Sedalia, they have dinner there. In some of the new Applebee's there is a team picture of them but until the other day, I had never seen it up. Well, here in LS it is at the one off Douglas Road. I was so excited to see it and the next time we go there for dinner, I'll bring my camera! I think it's very cool. Not cool enough to get a bike and join the team yet but cool. LOL. So, Matthew gets to spend the day tomorrow with one of Joe's co-workers who will hopefully have a blast together. She is really young and should be able to keep up with all of Matthew's abundant energy! I am working Sunday night.....not looking forward to trying to stay awake all night but I will look forward to sleeping on Monday while Matthew is in school! Oh, and Matthew and I get to go to church on Sunday too. It should be a fun weekend!!

School is going well for Matthew. He is reading and writing sentences! It is totally amazing. He does have a little attitude at times that I thought would happen more towards the teen years! Gosh, I just don't know where he gets that from!!

0 comments: