Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Quest

Ah, it's the quest for the perfect lawn......but as of right now, I'll just settle for a good lawn. I have worked on it for 3 days now and I'm exhausted. For the past two days I raked the front lawn and mowed. Yes, you read that right. I, actually mowed!! Gasp!! Today I overseeded, spot seeded and put down pete moss to keep the new seed moist.......but only in the front lawn :-) Then when Joe came home we started raking up the back yard. We picked up 3 bags of thatch and we are only half way done. Then I have to mow again, overseed and spot seed and start the watering saga. Ultimately, I'll be baby sitting this grass seed for the next two week and pray for some awesome germination. Now, seriously, how and why am I so "into" the lawn this year???? I think there is a little competition between our next door neighbor. They aerated our lawn on Saturday...then they seeded theirs but didn't do any raking etc. So, we will see who gets the best results!! I am just hoping my dead spots will fill in!!!! So, if I can get out of bed tomorrow without too much pain......I'll blog again!! I am really sore. It's mostly my back and my hands again. I guess I've got some "anger" issues that I am taking out on the rake and now have several blisters. Remind me again why this is my favorite time of year ???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a much easier solution. Call the lawn guy and tell him it's time to overseed and aerate. That's what I do every year. It's only $125.00 and my yard's bigger than yours.

Renee said...

I'm impressed that you are so obsessed with your lawn. Didn't you always mow your parent's lawn? Maybe they got it in your blood...... Post us a picture sometime, ok? (and put that cute little guy in it too!!!!!)