Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Today was Matthew's IEP and I was a smidge nervous. I never know what they are going to say!! Well, it was wasted energy to be worried......he is doing very well. He is staying on task, his handwritting is much improved, he gets along well with his teachers and classmates and is on target accademically. They will work on tying his shoes in OT and something else but I doubt that will continue for more than this school year. They are working on the letter "L" in speech and I'm hoping his front teeth come in soon to help with all speech issues. There are things we will work on at home ....such as flash cards with recognition words he may miss on his weekly test or addition and subtraction. I will be looking for those at Target and/or make our own. We are also working on the issue of "cheating". I guess yesterday he looked at another kids paper during some math work. Uh OH. I think he went to another room to finish that test. His teacher doesn't think he will do that again. Well, just the other night while playing a game of Candyland with me....I got a phone call. I turned my back for a couple of minutes and when I returned, I got a less than pleasing card and Matthew amazingly had gotten the card that he had been talking about needing. Hmmmmm. I asked him if he had changed the cards while I was on the phone and he adamantly denied it. I said we don't cheat and if he had.....I doubted he would be able to sleep. Well, two cards were played and he burst into tears. He was caught :-) I desperately tried not to laugh and told him I was proud of him for telling me the truth and we started the game over. I don't think he will do that again!! Hopefully it is a double lesson learned.

1 comments:

Renee said...

So glad his IEP went well. Best to learn his lesson on cheating at this age.... sounds like you did a great job of reinforcing... Lauryn has hers in the morning... should be just "logistics".