Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The BIG Day!

Okay. I'm officially......gulp....36 today. I actually did much better this year than last and yes, I know....only 4 until 40!! So thank you to all my friends who called, emailed me and sent cards. I love to get cards....e-cards or snail mail cards...and have fond memories of Stacy and I in college going Bettie's Hallmark and we would littlerally spend an hour just reading the cards and laughing outloud. It was such a stress releiver. Today I got a HYSTERICAL card:

"So anyway, I'm standing in line to buy you a freakin' birthday card, and the line is like seventeen billion people long 'cause the only thing the dumb teenage boy at the register is thinking about is the dumb teenage girl at the other register, and some lady is turning her purse inside out to come up with 'exact change', like she's gonna win some kind of 'exact change trophy' or something and some idiot starts up with his 'this item was marked with the sale price' crap and I just really hope you like this card.......(open the card)........'cause I stole it!!"

I almost fell out of the chair laughing so hard. Thank you Kelly for the laugh...I can actually hear her saying it!!

Matthew sang happy birthday at least a dozen times today and told me he really liked my hair. Not sure where he got that but I was having a pretty good hair day :-) Well, the birthday girl is off to take a bubble bath. Thanks again for all the well wishes today! Tonight we had to watch Dances with the Stars and play yet another game of Candyland too! It's the little things that make me happy.

0 comments: