Friday, August 15, 2008

It all started....


It all started with the fact that I had to refinance. I've known for months and finally got that ball rolling. It's kind of a daunting thought when I got to thinking about it actually....holly crap....what if I didn't qualify to buy my house on my own. ...where would Matthew and I go and what on earth would I do with all of our extra stuff??? (that was before I found craigslist..lol) Well, that isn't an issue as I qualified and as it looks like, even with the interest rates up from what crazy ARM we got involved in 5 years ago, my house payment will increase a little and be managable. So, I thought it would be a good time to start adding a little furniture to the basement that no longer had any couches. Thats when my best friend got me addicted to Craigslist and I found a cheap couch. Yes, it was cheap but it fit in the back of my suv. Then my retail therapy continued when I found a really pretty rug on clearance at Pottery Barn....that would someday match stuff that I REALLY want. So, I bought it and brought it home. It somewhat matches my new little love seat and I can add a chair down there, bring in some nice paint colors and call it a new basement in a few weeks. Thats when I noticed the house was kind of warm....uh oh. So, I went outside and saw the pipe outside was frozen. Well, turned off the a/c and the repair man came the next day. My coil on the unit inside the house has a leak....to the tune of $1000+ to fix. Well, the unit is 15 years old and I've already spent quite a bit on it last year and about 275 on it a couple of months ago....so this was the last straw. So, he topped off the refrigerant, didn't charge me anything, set up an appointment to hear about an a/c with their company for the end of next week. Ah...just what I wanted to do...shop for an a/c. And Monday my suv goes in the shop as its making a weird noise too. ...Tuesday the house gets appraised for the refinancing and Matthew goes back to school :-) So that is the latest here!!

1 comments:

Renee said...

Yeah, I remember the a/c issues from last year. At least it should be taken care of now. Not as much fun as buying $1,000 worth of furniture by any means!!!!!