Thursday, August 07, 2008

DOG Days of Summer....






So it's FINALLY the last day of swim lessons this morning. It's been fun but next year we are so not getting the first lesson of the day! The 45 minutes of peace and quiet has been nice and lounging at the pool too. I do long for a community pool for sure. Well, the time of relaxing came to an abrupt end when I saw a woman today with a dog! Yes...you read that right....a dog. No, she wasn't blind. For those of you not hip on my scarcasm..I mean it wasn't a seeing eye dog. I would think that would be the ONLY acceptable dog allowed in a pool park of this kind. It is a BRAND NEW facility that I'm sure cost millions what gives her the right to bring her in her dog? So, I asked the woman in charge of the swim lessons what their dog policy was. Apparently, this was the second time she has brought her dog and I wasn't the only inquiry....and there was no dog policy. GASP! What? Are ya freaking kidding me? My reply? Oh there will be by the time I'm done. Big smile on my face...look of concern on her face. Hell has no furry as a tax payer miffed! I have a call into the director of the facility!!!!!!!! Good grief...there are kids with allergies, what if a dog bites someone....hello...can you say law suit?? duh!! I'll update later when I hear back.

So Matthew passed his class and I finally got up close enough to get a few pics and I watched him swim! He does need to work on his coordination a bit but he does have the beginnings to the freestyle started. I promised him next year we would start lessons earlier so he could maybe get two sessons in and yes, he would still be doing summer school. :-) School starts in 12 days! Ahhh....not that I'm counting or anything.

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

LOL at the dog issue! Looking forward to hearing how you get along with the city gov't...had a few go arounds here myself!! I understand your issues with getting pictures lined up (see my most recent blog tonight), I usually do them centered and don't do anything else with them and have not one problem. Tonight I tried to put 2 side by side...wow what a headache. I will stick to centered from now on!
Travis

Renee said...

Awwww, sounds like Lisa made a new "little friend"!!!!!