Thursday, March 08, 2007


Things here are almost done on the house issue. There is some touch up painting in the hall to be done......of course now that I've verbally complained about the painters consistent tardiness, they probably will never come back! Heck, I've got the paint I can just do it myself. Then, the basement still needs to be painted. I went to hang some curtains in the family room but the style was ALL wrong and the color, so they are going back. That puts me back at square one and the windows look starkly bare....if that is even a real word! Against my usual "cheap" nature....ie wait for a sale or use a coupon on line, I ordered some pillows from Potterybarn.com. They had free shipping so if I hate them, I can return them to the store and not be out anything :-) The pillows I liked were of course, only available on-line. Figures!! I found a cool clock by At Home America on ebay for the basement entry and I think it looks really nice there. I found some tan slip covers for the couches in the basement too. I still think slip covers look cheap but I'm not buying new furniture at this time. So, I'm hoping the pillows make the room look less country. I also found a black and white print I want at Target. However, every time I go to look at it, the one's there are damaged. I may just have to expand my Target horizons and go to a couple more in town to find one. It's all in the name of de countryfying my house! The picture shows the finished floor. They finally came on Monday and put things back.......after I stubbed my toe on the hutch in the hall for the millionth time. Let's just say nice words did NOT roll off my tongue after that incident.


Subject change: Matthew is home sick again today. He woke me up at 4 this morning and felt a little warm but no big deal and when he woke me up at 6ish he was burning up! 101.4 under his arm. Poor guy. He really wasn't feeling good at 4am. So, nurse Lisa gave him some Tylenol ....my cure all for everything!......and sent him back to bed. An hour later, fevers gone and he's been in hog heaven again watching videos in his room. It's a good thing the cable hasn't been hooked up in his room......I just don't think kids should have tv's in their rooms at this age!!!!!!! So, the rule remains, only when he is sick....and for now, it's just old videos. Tomorrow is just a half day so I'm not sure if he will make it for that or not.
Lindsey update: I blogged about Lindsey a few weeks ago. ...my pregnant friend from work that I gave Matthew's crib too. Well, after that she has been to the ER twice with contractions. She stopped by work on Sunday and is feeling better and is finally over a uti that lasted way too long! I was starting to think my crib was jinxing her! Anyhow, continued prayers are still appreciated.

0 comments: