Saturday, March 03, 2007

The latest







I thought I would have the house all back in order by now......but NO! My floor is done and looks great. The paint is done and I'm less than pleased. The area by the window that had the water damage is less than perfect and I've been waiting for the head contractor guy to come by but he too, hasn't shown up in days. The painters came on Thursday for touch up work......and again, 2 hours late and they were supposed to put my kitchen furniture back in the kitchen. But again, a glitch in communication and my table and chairs are in the family room and my island and hutch are STILL in the hall. Friday rolls around and I call the contractor who thought all of my stuff was back in place and I should be happy. Ah, wrong again!!!! The pic of the floor is when it was sanded down to the bare floor. Later I'll show the finished floor!









Friday also brought about a fever for Matthew. He hasn't missed a day of school since pre K so it was pretty traumatic but he felt so bad it didn't really matter. Since he had a fever of 101 and said his throat hurt, off we went to the doctor. Our appt was 11am and I really expected us to be there a couple of hours. We were in the parking lot by 1145! They did a rapid strep test that was negative, he looked in his ears, throat and listened to his lungs and determined it was a virus. I was totally skeptical and figured by today, we'd be back. (it wasn't Matthew's usual doctor and this doc has done this "just a virus" to us before) By tonight Matthew was fever free and playing as usual. He enjoyed his time quarenteed in his room with a tv/vcr for 2 days. He caught up on old videos he hadn't watched in a long time and LOVED having a tv in his room. So, how do I know how Matthew's day went? I stayed home from work with a migraine. I woke up about 4 am with a horrible headache and no way could I put in a 12 hour shift. I think lack of sleep caused this one. While the floors were being done, Monday and Tuesday nights we had to stay at a hotel. I slept with Matthew and it was like sleeping with a speared fish. :-)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well hello there---so you are blogging elsewhere--I was wondering where your blog was! I feel yout pain on the whole renovation thing. My husband is a contrator and there is nothing worse than guys who don't show up and finish the job on time! (His company is noT like that--lOL!) I know you will be happy to have that all complete! Look forward to seeing the finished product! And I hate sleeping with my daughter for the same reasons---she kicks me all night!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your place looks beautiful!!! I need a new kitchen floor, and I can see why you are happy! My husband likes to do everything himself....so don't feel bad that the contractors take time, because when your husband does it himself, it takes 10 times as long!!!!