Monday, March 26, 2007

Okay, I know KU lost. I still can't believe the season is over.......and boy were there some sad looking docs at the hospital on Sunday too. Next year is another year. Time to move on.

I had a quiet and great morning. I slept in a bit and got to IM my high school friend Renee. Let me introduce you to Renee if you don't know her. I think we met in jr. high. We both played the trumpet, had a crush on some of the same boys. I was the geek, she was the pretty one and yes, I was always envious. She got to go to the school dances, she was (and is) pretty, popular with the boys and was a little bit of an air head....or so she pretended. She has her masters degree and will soon be teaching some college classes. Not quite so dinging, eh? There was a defining moment in our lasting friendship. It was of all things, a band party. We had all gone out to the Limited and bought the same sweaters........the same except for we each had a different color in the sweater. I believe mine was purple (my mom still has it i believe), Leisel, Renee, and maybe Beth too. My dad drove us to the party without incident. Then it came time to go home and Renee wanted the drum major to take her home. My dad said, "I brought you here and it's my responsiblity to get you home". Gotta love him! Oh I was horrified he was making a stink of this. Renee called her mom, got permission and it turns out, her parents were glad my dad cared enough to make that call. It was a defining moment for Renee too. She has told me similar story about how my dad made a difference in her life. Anyway, before I totally start crying......Renee came to my dads funeral. She talked to her college professors, re arranged her finals schedule and came. Let me tell you, that isn't something I've ever forgotten. My other friends wanted to come but he died right before finals started and I didn't want anyone to get into trouble etc. I think loosing my dad at age 20 totally effected me. Yes, I get emotional about it the closer the anniversary date gets here. I'm sure there will be more on this subject!! Anyway, I wish I had a pic of us all in our sweaters. Amanda......were you involed in the great sweater saga? I think so. Let's see......Leisel was blue, I was purple.......who else.......

Okay....Spring has sprung. The birds are singing, it is finally in the 70's but off and on rain and let me tell you about my lawn. I just want to lie naked in it.....it looks so soft! Well, I believe the neighbors would call the police so for now, I'll just admire it from the kitchen table. LOL I found a hummingbird feeder today and I'm still looking for a free standing rain gauge. I went to Lowe's and I swear it is almost like I was at a freaking bar. Every beer bellied man that was there either whistled or winked. I thought that at first maybe I forgot to put a bra on, or had toliet paper on my shoe or hanging out of my pants......then I finally just figured it was spring!! What else could it be?? LOL I ended the afternoon errand adventure with a trip to QT. Nothing like that place. Always someone holding a door open (customers...not staff) and just overall a happy experience.....at a convience store of all places. So a diet coke in hand, I feel like I can counquer just about anything!! Bring it On!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good. Now I can look at your blog again without having to see the chickenhawk. :)

Renee said...

what's with the naked-ness on the front lawn??? I'm sure the neighbors would have their tongues hanging out, but it might be quite shocking for Matthew!!!!! At least put a bikini on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was not involved in the sweater incident...it was before my band time! But I remember that was Ned that Renee liked at the time...hee hee hee. I think it was around the same time I was dating John Schweitzer...don't think my parents don't have a field day with that fact that he is a priest now....

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...the famous Limited sweaters. I was blue and I think Beth had pink?? I'll have to see if I can find a picture.

P.S. I have always regretted not going to your Dad's funeral - I am so very sorry.

Leisel