Monday, March 12, 2007

March Madness


Ah......can you smell it? Spring is in the air and it's time for the NCAA Tournament and KU has a number one seed. I'm so excited. We won the Big 12 Tournament yesterday in overtime. I strategically planned my lunch break so I could watch parts of the game. Well, come to find out that the hospital doesn't have ESPN. I know.....can you believe it? My patient that I had watched part of the game with on Saturday was LESS than amused as well. So, I sat up one of our computer on wheels in his room to KUsports.com and he was at least able to keep up on the score. I am going to have to talk with the "suits" about getting better cable at the new hospital. Speaking of new hospitals......we are supposed to move in July. Of course before then, I've got to miraculously transform into a Telemetry nurse as well. So, that means cardiology classes, ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support).....which means pushing IV drugs during a code and doing the paddles etc. I better get paid more if I'm doing all of that!!!!! Fortunately the transistion will be slow and then they keep assuring us Med/Surg nurses that perhaps really only a few of us (ie the competent ones) will have to do Tele. Oh well, I'll just see what happens.

1 comments:

Renee said...

Ok, so do you watch Grey's Anatomy??? I keep having these bizarre urges to go to med school to become a surgeon!!!! It will pass!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like you are a little closer to achieving my very odd daydream.....