Thursday, December 04, 2008

Love, Compassion and Grace


I hate cancer.....again!! It is with a sad heart that I write this morning. I have been following a blog for about 12+ weeks about a local woman named Stephanie Vest with a rare form of cancer. I asked for prayers for her a few weeks ago. Sadly last evening, she lost her battle and passed. Its times like this when I don't understand God's plan. She was a young mom of 3 beautiful YOUNG children that are now left without a mother to care for them. I don't understand that. I want to ask God WhY?? But her life and her witness through her blog was what thousands will remember. I do know that and I am one of them. I learned to not take life for granted. It is too short. I am blessed to have Matthew and I am going to be a better mom to him and love and hug and let him know daily how special he is as well as those around me that I love. Did I mention life is to short not to spend it with the ones you love the most? One of the local tv stations just did a story on Stephanie before the KU/MU game last weekend. http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7965814&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

So, be thankful this holiday season. By the way...it's not about the meal, its not called ThanksTAKING...its was called Thanksgiving for a reason. I'm just saying. I hope the soup was worth it.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Hi! Just stopped by to say, Hi! I added your blog link to my blog. Hope that's OK. Great to meet you and let's stay in touch.
Beautiful blog, btw.
peace & xoxoxo
me

Prachar family said...

What a loss for this family. God is hard to understand in these times. I will continue to pray for this family and also for you, that you'll find peace in this.

Christine said...

I am so sorry for the loss of her life and I am with you, I hate cancer! Big hugs

Sandy said...

Thanks for visiting me Lisa! I'm sorry for the loss .. I can't image, being so young ...