Monday, December 29, 2008

The Great Cookie Caper!


I am totally behind in my blogging so its time to play catch up! So, it started with a little school project about family traditions that led to bringing to school a snack that had something to do with what your family traditionally makes at Christmas time. Matthew always likes to help me bake cookies. If you know me...you know its been YEARS since I've made cookies from scratch. I think if I had anything besides a hand mixer I would go back to the old way. But ever since my friend/co worker, Susie, brought me cookies after having Matthew...and it turned out they were the already made kind that all you had to do was either slice and bake or tear off and bake....well, I've been spoiled ever since. Anywho, so our version of baking cookies is putting the cookie dough on my Pampered Chef stoneware (the secret to my never burnt cookies) and baking! So, we go to the store, pick out these tree cookies, bake them and Matthew is going to take them to school the next day to share them with his class for the Traditions Party. Keep in mind, it has snowed the day before and they have a snow day...giving us an extra day to do all of this. So, I get up the next day, take Matthew to school so these cookies don't get broken and wish Matthew a great day and party. :-) Matthew comes home with.....THE COOKIES! ah....WHAT??? After making a special trip to the store (in the snow no less) , baking the cookies, and driving him TO school....I get the back???? Matthew said there were extras and he got them back. Hmmmmm....something isn't making sense. So, I email the teacher and of course, get a different story. After much grilling the next day, Matthew finally cracks. He wanted a cookie and didn't want to share....so he brought them home. Oh dear....what child lies just a few days before Christmas??? Yep....Matthew. So, since the whole point of making the cookies was to give them away....we gave them to Grandma as part of her late birthday gift...since it is better to give than to recieve. At least that was part of the lesson I was trying to teach in the end here.

0 comments: