Monday, December 29, 2008

Favorite Gift...Ever!












After the cookie incident and a few more fibs, I was about to cancel Christmas all together. But eventually Matthew saw the light and realized he should probably be on his good behavior. I finally heard come out of his mouth that he was acting disrespectful so I am either making progress or he was working me over to get to Christmas. Either way, I ended up getting the flu the weekend before Christmas. I managed to work the weekend with the chills (I'm sure my co workers appreciated me sneezing the blowing my nose the whole time) and then Monday I was in bed the whole day. Matthew was an angel and played and entertained himself very well and the house remained standing! Finally Christmas came and my threats of getting socks and underware did come true! (its tradition) He did get some clothes but also a Wii. He was SOOOOOO excited. I have to admit, it is pretty fun. I am loving bowling! Even Grandma played a little. Tonight I bowled a 187 and I am quite determined to beat that and my 3 strikes in a row that both Matthew and I attained tonight. For Christmas morning breakfast I made an egg casserole and cinnamon rolls and for dinner I grilled out pork chops. It was a little chilly but not too bad out. Grandma left with left overs so it must not have been too bad! lol

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh...how your Matthew sounds like my oldest, Patrick.

I told him last night that if a band of roving gypsies knocked on our door I would gladly PAY them to take him and his younger brother. Not my best mommy moment.

My boys also got a Wii as their Christmas gift and are loving bowling and baseball.