Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Right to Vote!!


A few weeks ago I went to a McCain/Palin rally here in town and today I excercised my right to vote :-) I expected a long line but at 1050 am, there really wasn't one. I was a little clausterphobic though. I vote now at Matthew's school and they have us CRAMMED in a TINY little entranceway. It is about the size of my storage area in my basement for those of you that have had the misfortune of seeing that. lol. It is small. I had to laugh when the lady that took my driver's licence complimented me on my picture. She said..."wow, that's a great picture of you"...I renewed it last week and if I do say so myself...it is one of my better pictures. Anyway...back to voting. So, there is a guy that greeted me, the nice lady who took my id and had me sign, and then the guy that gave me the 'how to vote' inservice so I wouldn't smear the ink on the ballot. Then after I voted, I did have to wait in a small line to exit.....obviously some lady hadn't listened to the inservice and had a rejected ballot. It was LOUD in there too. Not condusive to being able to read the ballot at all!! Thankfully I had done all of my research prior to going. So, I've done my civic duty and I will be so glad NOT to get anymore phone calls asking me to vote!!!!! I even had a lady come to my door this afternoon. Once she saw my "I voted today"....she left. Now, we wait!


They had an election at school....so I asked Matthew who he voted for. At first he told me Omaha. Uh...who is that? Turns out it was Obama. WHAT?? I told him you better talk to your father and grandma about that. Then he proceeds to tell me he has the RIGHT to Choose and I can't take that away from him. OH MY! What are they teaching him at school!!! My next question was why? What where his policies? What did he stand for? Was he a KU or an MU fan (yes, that made him think...) THEN he said.....after a long pause....and after giving me his "right to choose" speech again"...Well, mom,....Alexis G. told me to! WHAT!!! Are you kidding me? You let a girl tell you what to do?!!??? Oh it's starting early!!!!!! Now we wait....

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

THanks for your story...I needed a pick me up today!! Matthew is hilarious! I think his reason is a lot better than a lot of other's who knew much better than he did...did I just say that??!?
Travis

Renee said...

Oh boy, that little guy has been brainwashed. What is this world coming to??!!!! The voting pic of you is adorable too. You look tan and I like your hair curly-ish like that!!!!

Christine said...

He needs to talk to different girls!...lol This is to funny! I added ya to my page and so now I can find ya! I should send ya my email, this way we can keep in touch. I like the journal site here a little better. My mom and dad like keeping up with my sister in law and I here along with stories of their grandkids! Plus Ali is in college this year and likes to connect here as well so it is a good thing. The 12 days of christmas is on this blog so go ahead and copy it and use it. I ran into another blogger I met on 360 ,Beth, so it is fun running into old friends here. Talk soon and I'll be back!...lol