Thursday, September 04, 2008

Cough Cough!!!!

I keep SAYING that I'm feeling better...maybe I'm hoping it will be true! I seem to do pretty good during the day and then the SECOND I lay down to go to bed...COUGH COUGH. So, back out last night came the cough med with the codeine and finally at 3am, I fell asleep. We have had a nice steady rain for the last couple of days so that has been great for the lawn and very nice for the occasional day time nap as well :-) After coughing through my whole shift on Sunday, my coworker Cathy had pretty much wanted to do some pillow therapy on ME. I had barely made it home and she was calling me. I figured I had forgotten something...but instead she was making sure I was starting my antibiotic. Yes, I caved....started on Sunday night.

Today I again went to dial a number on my phone and text and my phone froze. Okay...enough was enough! I caved in and got a new phone. I didn't want to renew my contract with Sprint but I did only when I heard it is prorated now. If I want out in a year, I only have to pay $100 rather than the flat $200 no matter when you exited your contract. So, after having the same phone for over 2 years...which was part of the problem and dropping it a few times here lately I guess, I got their new Instinct phone. Oh it's fancy and quite fun. Now, if I can just figure the crazy thing out. They couldn't get my contact numbers to down load so I've wasted quite a bit of time doing that by hand tonight and then there is a way to download the music I already own on my PC into my phone too. But of course I'm having trouble getting the software and my phone to meet. Can you tell I'm NOT computer savy....I just pretend I am! GRRR! I have figured out the radio, tv, texting...my FAVORITE thing on any phone I've owned....and my contacts are in. Not too bad for a few hours of playing around.

Matthew and I played a few rounds on UNO tonight as well. I LOVE to play cards. My dad taught me Liverpool Rumy (sp?) long ago so tonight was fun showing Matthew how to shuffle and deal....I remember how my dad taught me how to hold my hand etc. Matthew won a few rounds....I may have a little competition on my hands! :-)

2 comments:

Mom Watch said...

Hey--I missed some posts--so glad that you are feeling better--just make sure you TAKE ALL YOUR medicine--lol! I just got a new phone recently and I get Landon to set it all up for me cause I am so blind these days! They need to make me a phone with big numbers! I love UNO--we haven't played that in a long time. Hope the school year is going well for you!

Prachar family said...

Sounds like fun at your place! My kids love to play games and I am apalled that I haven't taught them to shuffle yet! I could shuffle and bridge by the time I was their ages because we lived to play cards!
Travis