Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Breath of Life


My friend and coworker Lindsay had her baby Addyson (not sure I'm spelling it right) by emergency c-section on Monday. So, the day we said goodbye to a coworker...a new life was being brought into the world. Well, Addyson was a couple of weeks early and has had some problems. She has been in the nursery since birth and Lindsay hasn't even gotten to hold her yet. Last night they put her on the ventilator and this evening I got a call that they have taken her to the Children's Hospital. I saw them both today. Lindsay looked great and I made us both an ice cream run....how convient there is a good ice cream joint right across the street from her hospital. Addyson, while sedated on the vent, still looked to me like she had agonal breathing...which I didn't like. So, I am thankful she is going to Childrens. Please keep Addyson, the doctors, nurses and Lindsay and her family in your prayers.
I also found out this week that one of my college sorority sisters has been battling IBC...Inflammatory Breast Cancer. She was diagnosed two months after she got married and has beat the disease 3 times. She has an AMAZING story of fight and survival. http://www.utsystem.edu/news/features/BreastCancerCenter.htm
I have also been catching up the last year on her blog through MD Anderson's Carepages. If you have more room or desire for more prayers, she could use them too. At present, she if fighting pneumonia and is on the ventilator as well.

1 comments:

Prachar family said...

What a cute baby, nice and big, probably group B strep, septic? Praying for her! Can see her retracting even in the pic...poor punkin. Redecorating keeping you busy???
Travis