Monday, September 22, 2008

Its been a week!

I can't believe it's been so long since I last blogged! There has been a few things going on I guess. Sadly, one of my co workers died last week and today I went to her funeral. She worked at the old hospital I used to work at as well as my current place of employment...so I've known her for a while. I had started her IV last Saturday at work before we transfered her to a different hospital and we all knew, including her I believe, that we were all saying our final goodbye's. Oh let me tell you, that was one of my worst shifts. I was actually thankful my cold was still hanging around and I had to wear a mask in her room so she couldn't see the tears welling up in my eyes as I started her IV. I saw a few people today that I hadn't seen in a while and it was basically a sad day. I had a horrible headache when I got home and ended up taking a two hour nap. I still feel exhausted. I also lost a patient at work this weekend. In those cases, I always second guess myself....if I hadn't of gone home when I did maybe he wouldn't have coded...no, he would have. He was in bad shape to begin with and had numerous health issue that I had no control over, but second guess myself, I will.

On a lighter note, Matthew had several little test last week in school. This is the first year that he has actually brought home a science book etc to read and study from so he was pretty excited about being more grown up. Of course, being more grown up has more responsiblities....like bringing that book home the night before a test. He forgot last Wednesday (with the test on Thursday) so we had to get in the SUV and drive up to the school asap and get the book! Oh he was so upset I was making him do this..lol. The boy has to learn the material AND responsiblity if it kills me! Seriously....how was he going to study??? And yes, I made him go into the school, by himself and get the book. I think he's learned a valuable lesson!

My new Instinct phone from sprint....well, it went back to the store. It was less than desirable performance wise....as was trying to get it fixed. I went to 3 different stores before I finally gave up on ever getting their software to work on my computer. So, now I have the BlackBerry Curve, with functioning software and all is well.....I did manage to make a little profit too....I got a credit on my account for all of my troubles. However, when I went to exchange the phone, I had MORE problems. In walks a family with 3 or 4 unruley children. They destroyed the store and litterally pulled down one of the floor to ceiling displays. The store manager had my paperwork so messed up that someone had to call me that night saying they owed me $54 more dollars. Who knows when I will see that!!!! I told you....it's been a week!!

1 comments:

Prachar family said...

Glad you are still alive...pun intended...sick nursing humor...sorry! Glad to hear what you are up to, sorry for your loss though. When you learn how to teach that responsibility, let me in on the secret!!
Travis