Sunday, July 06, 2008

Catch Up Time








Renee and Travis have both harassed me that I haven't blogged in a while. I know..I know. I even wrote down an outline once but who knows what happened to that piece of paper...so, I'm gonna wing it! The last blog had to do with Matthew's first day of school so this blog will be about his last day....the BUGZ Musical. Apparently his summer school teacher was a music teacher and so the whole month was geared around preparing for this little musical/play production. Matthew had a couple of lines that he easily memorized and exucted rather well. He sang and danced...with hand motions and seemed to enjoy the production....even though EVERY picture looks like he is in agony!! It really was something that only a mother could enjoy. I did get his summer school report card and was pleased to learn that he did attend some acadamics as well. (yes..it was sarcasm). They did learn about various bugs, their life cycles, habits and he worked on reading and comprehension skills. Ah yes...the REAL reason I wanted him to go to summer school. I was pleased to read that both teachers wrote that Matthew has a sweet personality and they enjoyed working with him. He didn't miss a day of school either. Apparently in other school districts in town, they reward/bribe the children in summer school to attend summer school with $100 gift cards for perfect attendance. WHAT? Are you freaking KIDDING me. What a scam!!!! Something smells fishy to me with that deal....and why doesn't my district have that??? This is the 3rd year in a row Matthew has gone....hasn't missed a day. I think we are behind in gift cards according to my calculations. Hmmmm let me guess....same families that got the gift cards are going to be whinning soon about the cost of school supplies here in a bit. I'm just saying.

Matthew is still enjoying riding his bike. So far, no big falls. He seems very distracted by a certain girl down the street. Oh when he sees that she is outside playing...he wants to go out and ride his bike. He is then distracted and forgets to watch for the cars....then he can only ride on the sidewalk. The other night I let him go to her house to play. I looked outside and couldn't find any of the neighborhood kiddos that had been out in their front yard. Uhoh. Turns out...she has a trampoline in the back yard. Ah yes. The #1 cause of broken bones and trips to the ER. Great. Matthew's first words out of his mouth...."mom..what are YOU doing here"....As if I was interupting a date! LOL.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

What great pics! Thanks for sharing. He's a cutie. :)

Prachar family said...

Wow, they grow up fast!! That is hilarious!! I died laughing when I got my first "Awww Mommmmm". Riley didn't think it was so funny.

Mom Watch said...

I bet the fact that you see all those injuries from trampolines has a huge effect on your parenting. I have often thought about getting a trampoline for my kids because they LOVE playing on those darn things. Our neighbor has one and it is completely guarded with a net--so there have been no injuries YET. (knocking on wood). I do get scared when I see too many kids in there--and THAT is what worries me most about them. Great to hear from you and get caught up!