Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Razor....OUCH!





This morning Matthew was taking a shower and all was well and usual. I have let him have some independence as he has proved he can use soap and get the shampoo out of his hair on his own. So, I hear the shower get turned off and I figured he is toweling off. Then I hear the sink water running. Hmmmm....that is odd. So, I get up to check out the situation and Matthew comes up to me and shows me his right thumb and says...."this kinda hurts". Blood dripping out of it and into the sink....but amazingly, no tears. OMG! What the HE** happened? A closer look reveals several cuts on his thumb about a half an inch long and a piece of skin hanging. He had found my razor in the shower and had a closer look. HOLY CRAP! So I rinse off the wound, get the bleeding to stop and put a waterproof bandaid over it. Now comes the fun part....getting to the bottom of what happened. At this point, Matthew has selective memory loss. How convienent. Perhaps me raising my voice didn't help. After looking closer at my razor I see little blonde hairs that are not mine. OMG....what else did he shave? After spending about 30 minutes in his room alone, his memory miraculously comes back and he did pick up my razor and try to cut his hair on his head with it....and he swears nothing else. Well he has picked a fine time to have an open wound since Monday started swim lessons....oh yes, you can bet there will be a blog when I remember to take my camera :-) BTW...does anyone really read this blog???? If so...please leave comments!!!! That is part of the fun of this blog!!! The pictures were taken 12 hours after the incident and don't really do it justice...lol. He's been really brave actually.

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

I wish I had a dollar for every time one of my kids explored the razor and ended up missing hair and skin!! Alayna was only 2 years old, but still points to a razor and remembers the cut she received! Riley shaved his head in several places!
Travis

Renee said...

Ok Lisa. When did you start blogging again? I am SO behind 'cause I thought you gave up. Now I know what I will be doing at 3 am!! Love the pics, can't wait to read up on the rest. BTW, who is your "best friend" ???? :-)

Renee said...

Ok,I'm catching up again!!! And it's 1 am. Told ya!!! Wow- what a cut. Can't believe he's trying to shave. Tough lesson- those razor cuts hurt....