Wednesday, July 16, 2008

THE Look...


Yesterday we did lunch with Cheri from Baptist, her 3 year old Lucy and 3 month old Charlotte. Such cute girls. I will say, Lucy is very 3. I guess she has had some adjusting to the new baby. Cheri was totally calm where I would have been less than. Her 6 year old that Matthew really adores was still in Summer school :-( We met at our usual IHOP but didn't get seats near an outlet so the kiddos couldn't watch the dvd player. Yeah...that was our first mistake. Lucy was hungry and a little age 3. Eventually our food came and all was good. Finally the baby woke up and she actually cried a little...she was so quiet I almost forget she was there! So, Cherie went to the bathroom to feed her. This is where it gets funny....Matthew tells Lucy..."My mom's in charge now!" At this point she had started to act 3 again and I gave her one of my "looks" and she sat down nearly on command with this 'oh crap look' and didn't move an ounce. Matthew said..."told you so". I almost couldn't keep a straight face! She was good as gold, eating her pancakes. I had just had a patient this week that had called me a DRILL SERGEANT....so I guess it must be true. Obviously I'm a little stressed out and in need of a vacation!!!! Ya think??
Then later in the afternoon we decided to hit the mall to Macy's to see if their swim suit sale was really a sale. Basically at this late in the season....it's is there anything that will fit. If you are a size small, the world is your oyster in the clearance swim suite isle! So go now and shop til ya drop! If you got boobs and a little extra warmth...have fun searching :-) I'm sure this was the LAST thing Matthew wanted to do. Thankfully, there were chairs OUTSIDE of the dressing room. I tried on two and he didn't get off the chair once....well, not that I know of anyway. Do you think the baseball cards I'm bribing him with on Friday could be the reason for his good behavior all week? Hmmmmm.....I said we would LOOK at them.

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

I need a picture of that look because the one I have doesn't work on my kids at all!! Fun to hear of your bathing suit adventure!! I own one suit at a time for years until it is see-through/indecent, then try shopping again...depressing!!
Travis

Mom Watch said...

The LOOK doesn't work with my kids anymore. I think I started usiing it a lil too much so I pulled back on it entirely.

Instead I choose to wait until I can get them in a dark corner so I can pull them up by their ears and beat them with an umbrella.

(kidding--but some days I really wish I could--lol).

Renee said...

SO cute- you are looking skinny- what's up with that???!!! :-)
Great pics of Matthew!!