Friday, January 26, 2007

The President


Yesterday President Bush came to town. He was visiting a local hospital (no, not the one I work at)....but it is very close to my house....discussed his new health care plan and took a tour of the all digital facility. I knew there was a possibility of me being "inconvienced" by roads being closed but thought I had left the house plenty early. NOPE! I head down the street and see a helicopter hovering and two highway patrol cars and local police. So, here I am, stopped on the bridge overlooking.......the Presidental motorcade. Oh it was so exciting. I know it sounds kinda silly to be so thrilled about something......but really, it doesn't happen everyday and it was really quite spectacular. I've seen it on tv but until you see it with your own eyes......well, it was just too cool. I saw the police motorcycles then numerous black cars and then a black limo with flags on it. They were going at a pretty fast pace so no time for a picture. The one I'm using came from the local tv station and it is of the hospital he toured.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like you were stalking Mr. President!!! I know he's cute and all for an older man, but really, Lisa, he's married!!!! You really should be prepared like Andy is. We drove on the highway to breakfast, and when we got out of the car, THEN we noticed that our Canon Digital Rebel Camera made the ENTIRE trip on TOP of the car. I told him if I had done that, I would be locked in a closet for a few weeks!!!! PS- Thanks for calling the other day.... A little bit of "Lisa Miller" humor goes a long way!!!!
Renee