Monday, July 10, 2006

The Night Shift

Yes, it is supposed to be a blog about Matthew but mom's days do sqeak through! I worked Saturday day shift and Sunday night shift. Saturday was HORRIBLE and I was so glad I didn't have to get up at 5 am on Sunday to go back to work. Sunday was also our 12th wedding anniversary. My gift to Joe was easy this year........I work the noc shift so he can do a ride in Lawrence and I get to go to church....a rare event since I work EVERY weekend. So, Matthew and I met my college friend Julie at church. We had a nice lunch and it was time to hurry home so I could get a nap before going to work. I slept about an hour!!! The night shift wasn't too bad....I just did a lot of standing to chart and tried to keep busy to avoid falling asleep. As luck would have it, the nurse that was to relieve me....didn't show and I was later leaving than I wanted. It was a hard drive home but thankfully I live less than 8 minutes from work now. So, I make it home, eat a little breakfast and finally fall asleep around 8:15am. I had pre arranged for my mom to come over from 9-noon so I could sleep. Well, the doorbell rings at 1030 and it is my mom.....late as usual :-) I go back alseep only to wake up an hour later by the delivery truck with our roof supplies. I gave up on anymore sleep after that!!!! So, it looks like our new roof is in our near future. That will be another long day with lots and lots of pounding. I was hoping that day would be when I was on vacation to St. Louis!! Matthew goes to the dentist tomorrow!! He is SOOO excited.

0 comments: