Thursday, June 22, 2006

Rain And More Rain


It has rained off and on most of the day today. I am STILL working on the front porch. I'm not sure if I've blogged about this before but our front porch was rotting so a couple of months ago I had it rebuilt. New, treated wood was used so I had to wait a few weeks for it to "dry out". I thought during summer school would be the perfect time to calk, sand, prime then paint it. How hard can it be? Well, I should have asked was how HOT can it get? The porch does just get the morning sun but boy, until the sun goes over the house, it's quite hot. So, I have calked, sanded and I'm ALMOST done priming!! YEAH. Matthew continues to love summer school and sadly, there is only one week left. Everyday I pick him up and ask him what they did today.....and is response: "We had two recesses!!" Who knows what they are learning but he is having a blast! He is all about taking a sack lunch too. I would think he would be tired of cheese sandwiches and cheese and crackers......but not yet.

0 comments: