Thursday, March 06, 2008

Keith Urban ROCKS

It was certainly a concert I won't soon forget! I have to say, I'm not a huge Carrie Underwood fan (opening act) and I'm still not. She had about 3 or 4 costume changes and her last song, Before He Cheats was pretty much the highlights of her performance for me.

Finally intermission came...I am one of those weird people that actually enjoys watching them tear down one stage and assemble the next....the HUGE speakers and just how quickly this all took place always amazes me. After about 30 minutes, Keith finally took center stage and I was in HEAVEN.

One cool thing was he had a HUGE screen set up behind the stage and there was a camera on him for a majority of the concert. So, if you didn't have the best seats, you could watch him on the screen. For part of the show, they went into the middle area so the back of the audience could get a better look:

Then there was a time when he went into the audience, nearly directly across from us. There he sang one of my favorite songs (Look Good in My Shirt), signed his red guitar and gave it to a lady in the audience. OMG!!! How cool was that??

He really is such a fun performer to watch. After his last encoure, the band was throwing guitar pics out into the audience and the house lights were barely on, people were filling out and Keith was still out shaking hands. How cool was that? And where was my camera? Oh yeah...in my purse because I was too busy gauking. LOL.

0 comments: