Friday, March 28, 2008

I PASSED ACLS




I am not sure when the last time I seriously got so stressed out about a test. I think being TOLD I had to take this for my job and of course also having to pass it put a smidge of pressure on me. I figure, I've done my job for almost 15 years now without these credentials....why do I have to have them now? Well, when we moved to the new hospital all of a sudden I became a telemetry nurse. Did I ask to be one? No. Did I want to be one? Ah...certainaly no. Cardiology has never interested me. Am I enjoying it now? Well.....I'm trying to embrace it. I think taking this class has hopefully boosted my confidence a bit. Certainly not enough to run down to ICU and ask to be pulled to work there to get some experience...no....I don't think so! But maybe someday. So, in a nut shell, I am glad it is over. I had to run a code...it's called Megacode...you have to lead your group in a code....determine what rhythm the pt is in, shock or not shock, what drugs to give and the dosages. Then there was the written test....25 questions....had to get 80% to pass...so no stress there! Add to all of this the emense fear of getting a migraine at any minute. Oh and the peer pressure. Yes, you could cut that with a knife!! LOL...I'm how ever old I am and I think that was what stressed me out the most. The fear of failing in front of my co workers.
It really is amazing I passed since it seems I have done a few lunches lately. :-) Add to the list...a dinner the other night with my college friends!! Thank you Stacy for reminding me to take a couple of pictures for the blog. Gena had already left but it is me and Julie and Stacy and Nancy (Stacy left and Nancy on the right). Thank you Nancy for the cake...such a great treat that I of course totally deserved. As usual, it was great to catch up and spend some girl time again. Looking forward to our next gathering at my house!

3 comments:

Mom Watch said...

Congratulations! I know I have read this already (maybe in Multiply) and I guess I never made it to comment! Isn't it sooo true that we always think we cannot possible get through learning new things that seem so monumental---then once we get through them we are all surprised at how quick it went by--and the fact we made it! Woohoo! I know this is a huge accomplishment for you--you worked so hard!! If I was there--I'd take you out for a drink or maybe invite myself to your house for dinner--lol!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your matthews-adventures.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com