Friday, February 08, 2008

Something New





It is something I have litterally wanted for YEARS....new bedroom furniture. I know for some of you that sounds so silly. When I graduated college, my mom gave me the spare bedroom furniture that I will always think of as my 'dads'. So of course, it has been very special to me. But the other day when I walked into this cute store in the downtown area where I live and saw this set.....on clearance...I knew it was going to be mine. No buyers remorse. I did my usual big purchase..."sleep on it" and think it over routine. I seriously look forward to enjoying here and wherever my next house might be :-) After moving the old furniture to the storage in the basement and one dresser to the office...my new bedroom is complete....well except for some decorating!
Any ideas???



4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the new furniture, and the new look of the blog! I think you've done a great job decorating. I always like to check out Pier One for some cute accessories - or even Hobby Lobby, if you have those. Nice choices, and hope that Matthew is feeling better. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Renee said...

LOVE LOVE black furniture. Your room is beautiful, looks like a magazine!!!

Mom Watch said...

The furniture is gorgeous! I love black furniture--that is really a great set that will definitely last a lifetime. The rooms already looks great to me. Maybe paint the walls a different color if you think you need a new look there. Paint is the cheapest redecorating there is! (I paint rooms in my house all the time--it is a sickness.)