Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Last Man Standing ---- DAVID COOK

Yes.....Matthew and I were THRILLED. I hate to admit...I was so like my dad! I had tears in my eyes. LOL. I know...goofy but true. I remember watching Miss America growing up and looking over at my dad in his lazy boy and there he would be...crying for the runner up and crying for the winner. Anywhoo...I was totally excited for David Cook. I've seen LOTS of interviews on the local Fox news station and he really seems genuine. I just don't think that is something that can be faked. He seems like the real deal and I hope he does well. I look forward to his first single coming out soon and then a CD. They have added another concert to the American Idol tour here....bummer it's on a weekend!

2 comments:

Mom Watch said...

There were tears in our house, too! But they were tears of sadness from Ellie--she is in LOVE with David A--lol! It took me over a half hour to calm her down so she could sleep. I have never seen her so caught up in something--it really scared Scott and I--I really hope this isn't a sign to come on the drama factor once she starts dating. I am happy for both of them--they both really do seem like nice and genuine guys. David Cook deserved it in the long run I think--since he probably had to work a lot harder out on his own like he did. (Oh and the ZZ Top performance was off the hook incredible!). My fav of the night was George Michaels--I LOVE HIM!

Renee said...

WHAT AN AWESOME NIGHT!!!!!!!! I shouted so loud I'm surprised I didn't wake up the girls. I was so surprised and just SOOO happy. Love him. So glad you and Matthew enjoyed it- I hope the girls are old enough to get it next year :-) You have good taste, Lisa!!! (loved ZZ Top too!!!)