Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Storms and Prayer Requests


I was reminded yesterday by Renee that it had been a while since I've posted. It's always good to have a little push. Thanks Renee! Then came the problem......do I even have anything news worthy to even blog about? Well, not really. Currently, we are under a tornado watch.....which always has me freaked out. AND it always reminds me of the movie: The Wizard of Oz. I swear, everytime it came on tv, which was usually once a year.. I'd have horrid dreams for a couple of weeks. We used to have this old push pedal organ in the living room. It was seriously one of two rooms in my house growing up the was always "clean". Like company clean. If anyone came over, they were immediately ushered into the living room.......while the rest of the house was rather cluttered. If you had ever been to my house growing up, you totally know what I'm referring to!! Anyway........the push pedal organ went from floor to ceiling and during the day, it had beautiful ornate wood and a few nick nacks sitting on it. At night, it became the scarriest place in the house. One of my nightly jobs was to turn off the light that automatically came on in there.......via a timer. Yes, I'm sure that deterred many criminals from breaking in. After turning off that light, that organ looked like it was Satan himself. No kidding........it freaked me out. I was so glad that someone wanted that when my mom decided to move!!! Anyway, now that it is spring and we are awaiting the first big storm......perhaps the movie Twister might be fun to watch. Or....maybe not. I think I'm more in a Hitch kind of mood....anyway....


I do have a couple of prayer requests to add. My mom's brother Wayne is in a hospice facility in San Diego. He had some kind of intestinal/GI cancer and went through chemo and radiation. I think he responded well but then it did spread to a place in his neck. They did more chemo that really made him sick and some radiation. However, a couple of days ago, his condition changed and he is now on pallative care.....comfort measures only. I had honestly hoped my mom and Wayne would have patched things up by now. And to think I thought I got my stuborness just from my dad! So, the prayer requests is for a peace for both of them in regards to the past and for no suffering for Wayne at this time.


The other prayer request is for my friend and coworker, Lindsey. I've blogged about her before. I gave her my crib a few months ago and a ton of clothes etc. She is now about 35 weeks and has had a couple of episodes of preterm labor. She is on a pill to keep any labor from progressing. She had a sonogram today to determin the baby's weight etc. The baby wasn't too active, heart rate wasn't that fantastic and he is only about 4 or 5 pounds. I didn't like the sound of any of that......so please pray for Lindsey and her baby.


Oh, one more: Jennifer's son Brenden had a temp of 104 yesterday. She called ask a nurse Lisa last night but I haven't heard today how things are going. I assume no news is good news but he does have a history of heart surgery about a year ago.


Finally, a prayer request for my mom. She has gone to Pella Iowa on a trip with the bank. I call it her old lady trip......and of course, she was totally looking forward to seeing the tulips and going on a little mini vacation! Hopefully she is having a great and safe time.
You will notice the pic of Matthew......his front teeth are STILL not completely in! He is so going to need braces....grrrrr!!!

1 comments:

Renee said...

Hope your mom has fun- sorry to hear about your uncle... wish your mom could have gone... Love Matthew's teeth- oh, and I have a funny story to tell you about the time you guys went to the transp. museum with us last summer.... will IM you....