Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Time to GO!!


Today was a day of cleaning . I guess the 60 degree weather yesterday finally motivated me to start this massive project. I started with Matthew's closet. I don't think we have seen the floor in 6 or so years. My friend from work Lindsey came over and went through some of Matthew's clothes and shoes. It was fun to look at the tiny baby shoes and then send them to their new home. She also took the crib as well. I will admit there was a little bit of sadness and some closure today but I am ready to move on. I see a lot of Lindsey in myself and she has been one of the people I've bonded quickly with at the new hospital. She told me yesterday the doctor doesn't want her working anymore. To say I'm crushed is putting it lightly. She is a great clerk and really keeps things running smoothly. She is about 24 weeks and has pre-eclampsia.......right about the same time that I went on light duty. See......lots in common. Hopefully the crib and clothes will help out. Please pray for the rest of Lindsey's pregnancy and her husband, as has just been laid off! Matthew totally thought Lindsey was here to see him and he even threw in a couple of toys for the baby.

2 comments:

Renee said...

So are you TRYING to reduce all of us to sobbing, blubbering messes???? Between your song, your "passing on" the baby items, and missing your dear friend, you've got me all sappy so early in the morning!!! It is SO hard to say good-bye to a close work friend when they "leave".... When I left Surrey, we had a going away party for me, and my friend Terri and I stood there bawling and hugging for at least 30 minutes straight. It is a heartbreaker, but you will hopefully be able to check in on Lindsey and no doubt bring some humor to her confinement. Pre-eclampsia sucks, hope she can stay out of the hospital (although those nurses can be pretty fun if she has to be hospitlaized!!!!!) Good luck and prayers to Lindsey.. (ps, who left you unwanted comments???)

Amanda said...

What a wonderful thing for you to do, sharing what you have with other people. Just another reason that you=fabulous!