Thursday, April 02, 2009

Swiss Stuffing Chicken







I tried a new recipie I found on Kelly's Korner blog....see the link on the side of the main page of my blog that says "Miracles Happen". I will say, I should have cooked it uncovered so the stuffing on top could have gotten browner and crunchier....but over all, the chicken was super moist and very tasty!!



4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
6 oz. Mozerella or Swiss cheese slices
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/4 cup white cooking wine (apple juice or chicken broth)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup herb-flavored crushed up Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix
1/2 stick butter, melted



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place uncooked chicken in shallow buttered casserole dish. Layer cheese on top. Mix soup, wine, salt, pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 1 hour.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Yum Yum...will be trying this one for sure...Love Chicken meals. I found a good one on here as well from a blogger and it was sweet and sour chicken...ever so easy and a big hit with the fam bam! It is in my recipe section of my blog. Thanks for sharing this one...your table looks so pretty and that chocolate cake...well I almost came through the computer screen when I saw it! Hugsss and love your way!

Prachar family said...

Okay, the post is about chicken, but I can't get that cake out of my head and you didn't even MENTION it! I used to make that chicken recipe ALL the time...then Paul got sick of it and won't let me fix it anymore! Maybe its been long enough now!

Mom Watch said...

I came to read this for the chocolate cake!! The chicken sounds so good. I just was wondering if the apple juice or chicken broth was in place of the wine?? You are a total triple threat with looks, personality AND cooking skills! This is totally a guys meal BTW--Scott would LOVE it!

Lisa said...

I have to laugh...even on facebook..that cake..which I didn't bake, got the most attention! lol! And the cake was SOOOOOO good :-) Thanks for everyone's sweet comments! I can't wait for warmer weather...which I think is really almost on it's way so I can get out and grill more!